Southern food is very hearty and who doesn't like a traditional southern style cornbread dressing?! I spotted this recipe in the Cookbook for All Seasons and thought I share it with you.
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F . Grease a 9x13in pan and set aside.
2. Prepare the cornbread mix according to package directions. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until it is lightly golden brown.
3. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
4. Cut the cornbread into 1 inch cubes and spread evenly on an ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes and allow to completely cool.
6. Spray a 9 x 13 in baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
7. Pour the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and celery and cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender.
8. Combine the cooked cornbread croutons, onion and celery mixture, parsley, sage Salt and Pepper in a large bowl. Stir in chicken broth and mix well.
9. Pour into prepared pan. Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Notes: Cornbread can be made the night before.
(read more about this recipe on Chelsea Lord's blog chelseasmessyapron.com)
German Cheesecake Recipe
Via Landkueche Magazine 2011 I still remember my German grandma's cheesecake, which looked just like the one featur...
Tyler Florence Roasted Tomato Soup
Tyler Florence has a wonderful recipe for a roasted tomato soup that I recently tried. This easy to make recipe taste...
Easy Homemade Jello Gummy Bear Recipe
Sponsored Making homemade Jello Gummy Bears is very easy. All you need for this recipe are three ingredients and an i...
Peruvian Recipe - Lomo Saltado
Image via Lima Tambo122 One of the best know Peruvian dishes has to be Lomo Saltado. A dish that is made fresh ingred...
Matcha Tea Cookies
Sponsored Post by Zendori I love the taste of Matcha Tea and have been trying out different bands and different recip...