Southern food is very hearty and who doesn't like a traditional southern style cornbread dressing?! I spotted this recipe in the Cookbook for All Seasons and thought I share it with you.
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F . Grease a 9x13in pan and set aside.
2. Prepare the cornbread mix according to package directions. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until it is lightly golden brown.
3. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
4. Cut the cornbread into 1 inch cubes and spread evenly on an ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes and allow to completely cool.
6. Spray a 9 x 13 in baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
7. Pour the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and celery and cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender.
8. Combine the cooked cornbread croutons, onion and celery mixture, parsley, sage Salt and Pepper in a large bowl. Stir in chicken broth and mix well.
9. Pour into prepared pan. Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Notes: Cornbread can be made the night before.
(read more about this recipe on Chelsea Lord's blog chelseasmessyapron.com)
Bouchard Belgian Chocolate
#BouchardChocolate #ad #sponsored Bouchard is a premium chocolate factory located in Ghent, Belgium. Quality chocola...
Cake Decorating Supplies
Bake and decorate your favorite cakes, cupcakes, cookies and more with these fun baking supplies . Decorating cookies...
How to make the Perfect Vanilla Frosting
The perfect Vanilla Frosting has to be finger licking good, but also retain it's shape. The right ingredients are key...
Benefits of Silicon Bakeware
Silicon Bakeware has many advantages and by following a few simple steps can result in well formed baked goods. One m...
List of Edible Flowers
I really think that food is for all the senses to enjoy. It not only has to have a variety of textures, taste good, s...