Southern food is very hearty and who doesn't like a traditional southern style cornbread dressing?! I spotted this recipe in the Cookbook for All Seasons and thought I share it with you.
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F . Grease a 9x13in pan and set aside.
2. Prepare the cornbread mix according to package directions. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until it is lightly golden brown.
3. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
4. Cut the cornbread into 1 inch cubes and spread evenly on an ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes and allow to completely cool.
6. Spray a 9 x 13 in baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
7. Pour the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and celery and cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender.
8. Combine the cooked cornbread croutons, onion and celery mixture, parsley, sage Salt and Pepper in a large bowl. Stir in chicken broth and mix well.
9. Pour into prepared pan. Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Notes: Cornbread can be made the night before.
(read more about this recipe on Chelsea Lord's blog chelseasmessyapron.com)
Tommy Bahamas Creamy Crab Bisque
Tommy Bahamas Crab Bisque A creamy soup is tasty no matter what time of year it is and I was totally beyond myself wh...
Banneton Proofing Basket for Artisan Bread
If you like artisan breads and have been thinking about baking your own bread, this sponsored post is for you. I am a...
How to Dry Apples
Apple Tree Wedding Thank You Cards by jinaiji I love dried fruit to eat as a healthy snack. You can make delicious ap...