4 ounces softened cream cheese
3 TBSP softened butter
1 cup confectioners sugar plus some extra for serving
1/4 tsp vanilla
8 slices old bread
4-6 apricots, pitted and sliced
1 cup milk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Heat a greased griddle to 300F
2. In a bowl combine cream cheese, butter, 1 cup sugar and vanilla and mix well.
3. Spread a thin layer of this mix on each side of the bread.
4. Add a layer of sliced apricots on top and top with with more bread slices
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and cinnamon.
6. Dip the stuffed French toast into the egg mix
7. Grill on griddle until both sides are crisp and golden brown. The cream cheese should be melted and the apricots warm.
8. Dust with confectioners sugar and serve warm.