Bread Dumplings or 'Semmel Knoedeln" are a great side dish with Rouladen, roast, turkey or duck. When I have left overs, I like to roast them in butter with some mushrooms and serve them with just a green salad.
3 cooked bread dumplings
1 shallot sliced thinly
2 cups mushrooms thinly sliced
salt and pepper to taste
a dash of sweet paprika powder
butter or cooking oil
1. Melt the butter over low heat and add shallots. Let brown slightly.
2. Add mushrooms and dumplings and season.
3. Let brown on medium heat for about 4 minutes
4. Carefully flip everything and let brown on other side
5. You may add more butter as needed to prevent dumplings from sticking
6 Once dumplings are nicely brown serve
For a quick bread dumpling look for these types of dumplings in your grocery store or at any Austrian or German specialty shop.
- German Cheesecake Recipe
Via Landkueche Magazine 2011 I still remember my German grandma's cheesecake, which looked just like the one featur...
- Tyler Florence Roasted Tomato Soup
Tyler Florence has a wonderful recipe for a roasted tomato soup that I recently tried. This easy to make recipe taste...
- Easy Homemade Jello Gummy Bear Recipe
Sponsored Making homemade Jello Gummy Bears is very easy. All you need for this recipe are three ingredients and an i...
- Peruvian Recipe - Lomo Saltado
Image via Lima Tambo122 One of the best know Peruvian dishes has to be Lomo Saltado. A dish that is made fresh ingred...
- Matcha Tea Cookies
Sponsored Post by Zendori I love the taste of Matcha Tea and have been trying out different bands and different recip...