I get bored with the same old thing so I figured why not add mushrooms to mashed potatoes. It was a hit, because the mashed potatoes took on a slightly earthy flavor thanks to the mushrooms. I hope you will enjoy it as well.
3 Russert Potatoes, peeled and halved
1 shallot finely minced
salt and pepper to taste
half a package of Italian Mushrooms chopped small
1/2 cup milk warmed up
1 TBSP Butter
Parley, finely chopped
1. Boil the potatoes in water until soft
2. In separate pan add a bit oil, shallots and mushrooms and sautee until moisture evaporates, season with salt and pepper.
3. Drain water from cooked potatoes and return to stove
4. On low setting add butter and milk and mash the potatoes up
5. Mix the mushrooms and parsley gently under the potatoes and serve
- Taco Night with Old El Paseo Stand N'Stuff Taco Dinner Kits
#oldelpasotacokit Old El Paseo is a brand of Tex-Mex style food from General Mills. They offer a variety of products...
- Persian Quince Stew (Khoresht-e Beh)
Persian Quince Stew (called Khoresht-e Beh in Farsi) is a traditional Fall meal in Iran. Quince ripens in late Septem...
- Rice with Sour Cherries
Rice with Sour Cherries, known in Iran as Albaloo Polow is a favorite of just about any child. Who doesn't like cherr...
- Turkish Coffee
Turkish coffee is a strong coffee that is a favorite in the Middle East. When I lived in Iran, a chance encounter fou...
- How to Dry Apples
Apple Tree Wedding Thank You Cards by jinaiji I love dried fruit to eat as a healthy snack. You can make delicious a...