I get bored with the same old thing so I figured why not add mushrooms to mashed potatoes. It was a hit, because the mashed potatoes took on a slightly earthy flavor thanks to the mushrooms. I hope you will enjoy it as well.
3 Russert Potatoes, peeled and halved
1 shallot finely minced
salt and pepper to taste
half a package of Italian Mushrooms chopped small
1/2 cup milk warmed up
1 TBSP Butter
Parley, finely chopped
1. Boil the potatoes in water until soft
2. In separate pan add a bit oil, shallots and mushrooms and sautee until moisture evaporates, season with salt and pepper.
3. Drain water from cooked potatoes and return to stove
4. On low setting add butter and milk and mash the potatoes up
5. Mix the mushrooms and parsley gently under the potatoes and serve
- Chicken Tagine
Cooking in a tagine is a Morrocan way of slowly cooking ingredients so that the flavors can blend over time. As the...
- Goulash Soup
When I was little we lived in Vienna, Austria where my parents owned a very large restaurant. The restaurant was...
- Cheesecake Factory Cajun Jambalaya Pasta Adabtation
People who love spicy Cajun dishes will quickly fall in love with this easy recipe for a delicious Jambalaya Pasta. I...
- How to use Edible Flowers in Recipes
EDIBLE FLOWERS EASTER CUPCAKES RECIPE via World Market
- Midori Spring Ceremonial Matcha Gold Class from Japan
Midori Spring Matcha Sponsored Have you ever tried Matcha Green Tea? I am a huge fan of Matcha and have used this...