I am always on the look out for new sea food recipes and loved this recipe that I found in an old Mc Calls Cooking School book.
1 large egg
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/8 tsp dry mustard
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cups fresh crab meat (substitute 2 cans 71.2 oz crab meat)
1 TBSP capers, drained
2 TBSP chopped, seeded green peppers
2 slices white bread
1/4 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1 lemon, sliced
Some Parsley for garnish
1. In a medium sized bowl combine the egg, mayonaise, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Using a wire whisk mix thoroughly.
2. If using canned crabmeat, open and drain well. Using your fingers, pick over and shred the crab meat. Make sure no shell or cartilage is left behind.
3. Add crabmeat, capers and green pepper to the egg- mayo mix and cover well with some plastic wrap. Refrigerate mix until you are ready to bake.
4. Cut breas into 1/2 inch cubes and place on a baking rack. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat source for 30 to 60 seconds, turning when needed until cubes are browned. Preheat oven to 400F
5. Add bread cubes to crab meat mix and toss gently. Divide the mix into an oven and oven proof dish ( or small single serve dishes)
6. Bake crabmeat on center rack in oven for 10 min. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake some more until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven and garnish with lemon slices and parsley.