When the weather gets cool I get major cravings for something hot and sweet and recently I have been craving something with apples and raisins like crazy. So after some digging in my German recipe box this is what I came up with "Apple Pockets"
To make this yummy treat you will need the following:
5 oz (150g) Quark or you can use sour cream as a substitute
26.45 oz (750g) tart Apples - I love Granny Smith
1.05 oz (30g) Raisins
4.40 oz (125 g) Sugar
5 TBSP Oil
5 TBSP Milk
1 Packet Vanilla Powder
10.58 oz (300 g) Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
3 TBSP Condensed Milk
1. Peel the apples and cut into small chunks
2. Toss Raisins, apples, lemon juice, ca. 1.76 oz (50g) of sugar with 4 TBSP water in a pot and blanch for about 4 minutes in a pot over the stove.
3. Place this mix tin a large bowl and add the quark or sour creme, milk, 2.64oz (75g) sugar and vanilla powder.
4. Slowly add the flour and baking powder and mix well.
5. Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface and roll the mixture out until it is about about 1/4 inch thick
6. Using a upside down glass make round circles in the dough.
7. Place a bit of the mix in the center of each circle and fold over to form a closed half circle.
8. Using a fork press down the edge to ensure that non of the mix can escape.
9. Cover a flat baking sheet with some butter and place the apple pockets on top.
10 Using a baking brush coat the pockets with condensed milk.
11. Bake in the oven at 392 F (200 grad) for about 20 minutes
- Indian Buttered Chicken or Chicken Makhani
Buttered Chicken is a classic of Indian Cuisine and I can not think of one person that I know that does not like this...
- Rum and Raisin Truffles
With the holidays around the corner the pace in the kitchen has picked up and little holiday treats are on the menu. ...
- Chicken Tagine
Cooking in a tagine is a Morrocan way of slowly cooking ingredients so that the flavors can blend over time. As the...
- Goulash Soup
When I was little we lived in Vienna, Austria where my parents owned a very large restaurant. The restaurant was...
- Cheesecake Factory Cajun Jambalaya Pasta Adabtation
People who love spicy Cajun dishes will quickly fall in love with this easy recipe for a delicious Jambalaya Pasta. I...