When the weather gets cool I get major cravings for something hot and sweet and recently I have been craving something with apples and raisins like crazy. So after some digging in my German recipe box this is what I came up with "Apple Pockets"
To make this yummy treat you will need the following:
5 oz (150g) Quark or you can use sour cream as a substitute
26.45 oz (750g) tart Apples - I love Granny Smith
1.05 oz (30g) Raisins
4.40 oz (125 g) Sugar
5 TBSP Oil
5 TBSP Milk
1 Packet Vanilla Powder
10.58 oz (300 g) Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
3 TBSP Condensed Milk
1. Peel the apples and cut into small chunks
2. Toss Raisins, apples, lemon juice, ca. 1.76 oz (50g) of sugar with 4 TBSP water in a pot and blanch for about 4 minutes in a pot over the stove.
3. Place this mix tin a large bowl and add the quark or sour creme, milk, 2.64oz (75g) sugar and vanilla powder.
4. Slowly add the flour and baking powder and mix well.
5. Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface and roll the mixture out until it is about about 1/4 inch thick
6. Using a upside down glass make round circles in the dough.
7. Place a bit of the mix in the center of each circle and fold over to form a closed half circle.
8. Using a fork press down the edge to ensure that non of the mix can escape.
9. Cover a flat baking sheet with some butter and place the apple pockets on top.
10 Using a baking brush coat the pockets with condensed milk.
11. Bake in the oven at 392 F (200 grad) for about 20 minutes
Benefits of Silicon Bakeware
Silicon Bakeware has many advantages and by following a few simple steps can result in well formed baked goods. One m...
List of Edible Flowers
I really think that food is for all the senses to enjoy. It not only has to have a variety of textures, taste good, s...
Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce
Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce Chimichurri (chi*mi*chur*ri) is a piquant sauce which is popular in Argentinean, Urugu...
I love the color and taste of Saffron and use it often when cooking Iranian dishes. Saffron can be purchased in the U...
Tommy Bahamas Creamy Crab Bisque
Tommy Bahamas Crab Bisque A creamy soup is tasty no matter what time of year it is and I was totally beyond myself wh...