1 jar of Libby's crisp Sauerkraut approx equivalent to 2 cans of other brands(white Cabbage)
1 small onion finely diced
4 stripes of bacon sliced into small pieces
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp sweet paprika powder
2 bay leaves
White Wine optional
1. Empty the Sauerkraut into a sieve and allow liquids to drain. If you do not drain the liquids the sauerkraut will taste to sour.
2. In a deep pan sautee the onions and bacon on stove top
3. I like to remove about 1/2 of the oil and then add the drained sauerkraut
My family eats the sauerkraut on the dry side, but you can add 1 cup of white wine if it's too dry for you.
4. Season with salt, pepper, sweet paprika and sautee for a few minutes.
5. Add the Bay leaves
6. Cover pan and let simmer on low for about 20min
For a Sauerkraut Casserole you need more white wine and should follow the instructions given for Sauerkraut Casserole