The other night I visited a good friend of mine who is originally from Austria. She prepared a wonderful meal for a group of us and while we chatted about this and that everyone wanted her receipe for the "Schwammerl Suppe" - mushroom soup.
1 package white mushrooms sliced
1 package Italian (brown) mushrooms sliced
2 med size onions, diced
6 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
3 TBSP tomato paste
3 TBSP white flour
3 TBSP creme fresh or sour cream
3 cups vegetable broth
2 cups garlic croutons for serving
1. Slice the onions and garlic and sautee in a deep soup pot
2. Add the sliced mushrooms and brown slightly until water evaporates
3. Add 2 cups of the vegetable broth.
4. Mix the flour in the 3rd cup until no clumps are seen and pour into the pot
5. Add tomato paste, parsley, salt and pepper and creme fraiche and let simmer for about 30 min.
6. Serve with garlic croutons on the side
- Cheesecake Factory Cajun Jambalaya Pasta Adabtation
People who love spicy Cajun dishes will quickly fall in love with this easy recipe for a delicious Jambalaya Pasta. I...
- How to use Edible Flowers in Recipes
EDIBLE FLOWERS EASTER CUPCAKES RECIPE via World Market
- Midori Spring Ceremonial Matcha Gold Class from Japan
Midori Spring Matcha Sponsored Have you ever tried Matcha Green Tea? I am a huge fan of Matcha and have used this...
- Scrambled Eggs Cuban Style
Cuban Style Scramble Eggs Eggs are delicious and not just for breakfast. Sometimes I crave something light and fast ...
- Taco Night with Old El Paseo Stand N'Stuff Taco Dinner Kits
#oldelpasotacokit Old El Paseo is a brand of Tex-Mex style food from General Mills. They offer a variety of products...