Tilapia is a wonderful, light fish that is very suitable for wrapping in a Tortilla. I like to serve this as a light dinner meal.
4 Tilapia Fillets, cut into thin stripes
2 cups grated Jack or mozarella cheese (any cheese that melts easily will work)
2 TBSP olive oil
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced small
1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced small
1 large shallot, thinly diced
1 lime, cut into wedges or rounds
6 flour tortillas
Serve with sour cream, salsa and Mexican style chips
1. Place oil in a non-stick pan and add the shallots and bell peppers sautee until soft, about 5 min.
2. Set Toaster oven to broil
3. Add the Tilapia fillet and cook for 2 min or until through
4. Add 3 TBSP Papaya/ Mango Salsa, quickly heat up and remove from stove.
5. Place one tortilla flat on a plate and pour 2-3 TBSP of the fish mix in the center of the burrito.
6. Fold two opposite ends slightly in, then using one of the unfolded ends start rolling the burrito shut. Make sure that the flap faces downward before placing the burrito on a flat baking sheet. Repeat this step 5 more times.
7. Pour cheese over burritos and place in toaster oven for 2 min or until cheese is melted.
8. Place two burritos per person on a plate and add remaining mango/salsa either by sprinkling on the burritos or by placing it on the side.
In case you need help with how to roll a burrito here is a short video clip
Try our two quick and easy ways for wrapping a tortilla (so it doesn't fall apart when you try and eat it)! We suggest an open wrap for fajitas and a closed wrap for burritos.
This recipe is on Yummly.com