Ever since a trip to Germany, hubby has fallen head over heels in love with the tartness of Rhubarb. So I have decided to plant some in the garden. So far it's been doing poorly and I have had to buy my Rhubarb from the market, which at $3.99 per pound - yikes - is a pricey thing. However you need only about 6 big stalks and it is so worth the taste.
I have made this yummy Rhubarb Marzipan Tart and thought I share the super easy recipe with you.
For the tart you will need:
1 cup (200 g) Flour
1 pinch salt
8 TBSP (120 g) butter
1/2 cup (65 g) sugar
For the Rhubarb topping you will need:
1 package vanilla sugar
26.45 oz (750 g) Rhubarb (about 6 large stalks)
7.05oz (200 g) Marzipan paste
3.52 oz (100 g) powder sugar for the topping
1. For the dough mix. flour, salt, butter, egg, 50g sugar and vanilla sugar. Kneat the dough and place roll it onto some foil and refrigerate for about 30 min.
2. Wash the rhubarb and dry it off and cut into 5 cm long pieces.
3. Take a flat cookie pan and grease it with butter.
4. Raspel the marzipan and mix with the lemon juice and powder sugar.
5. After 30 min place the refrigerated dough onto the cookie sheet and sprinkle the marzipan mixture over it.
6. Now place the Rhubarb side by side on the dough and sprinkle with sugar.
7. Bake at 350 for 30 min.
When cool serve the tart with whipped cream. Below are some of the ingredients I used for this Rhubarb Tarte.Dr. Oetker Vanillin Zucker (Vanilla Sugar) (2 x 5 bags) $8.99 King Arthur Flour - All Purpose Unbleached, 5-Pounds (Pack of 2) $24.00 Scott's Cakes 1 Pound Marzipan $9.95