Cupcakes are the ideal treat during school events, since you can prep an entire batch and give every child, young or old a handful of goodness. However, figuring out how to make cupcakes that are not super unhealthy can be tricky. I spotted this recipe using Karo Light Corn Syrup and thought I share it today.
Yield: 12 cupcakes
Prep Time> 20 min
Bake Time: 18-20min
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line one cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners. Set it aside.
2. In medium bowl mix flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. in a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer on medium speed, beat eggs and sugar for about 2 minutes, or until light and creamy.
4. Add the butter and vanilla extract and beat on low speed for about 1 minute or until well blended.
5. Beat in the dry ingredients on low speed until blended - do not over mix!
6. Add the sour cream and beat until smooth.
7. Fill each cupcake liner about 3/4 the way with cupcake batter. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.
8. Using an electric or stand mixer, cream together butter, corn syrup, and Vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Beat for about 3 minutes.
9. Slowly add powdered sugar and heavy cream. Mix until frosting becomes light and fluffy, adding milk until the mixture reaches the desired consistency.
10. Frost cool cupcakes using a piping bag for knife. Top with sprinkles.
A Cookbook For All Seasons is a free eCookbook brought to you by Fleischmann’s® Yeast and Karo® Syrup and this post is from one of the recipes listed there. Enjoy!
- German Cheesecake Recipe
Via Landkueche Magazine 2011 I still remember my German grandma's cheesecake, which looked just like the one featur...
- Tyler Florence Roasted Tomato Soup
Tyler Florence has a wonderful recipe for a roasted tomato soup that I recently tried. This easy to make recipe taste...
- Easy Homemade Jello Gummy Bear Recipe
Sponsored Making homemade Jello Gummy Bears is very easy. All you need for this recipe are three ingredients and an i...
- Peruvian Recipe - Lomo Saltado
Image via Lima Tambo122 One of the best know Peruvian dishes has to be Lomo Saltado. A dish that is made fresh ingred...
- Matcha Tea Cookies
Sponsored Post by Zendori I love the taste of Matcha Tea and have been trying out different bands and different recip...