Orange and green just compliment each other so nicely! To avoid the "eek" factor when dishing up veggies for kids, it's always advisable to make it look really pretty. At least this little trick seems to work in my home to have the kids eat Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash.
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
salt and pepper to season
1 pinch of nutmeg
Brussels Sprouts fresh
Butternut Squash ( I purchased one bag of diced ones from Trader Joe's)
Apple Smoked Bacon 4 slices cut into small stripes
1 small shallot
1. In a pot of water let the Brussels Sprouts come to a quick boil and remove after 5 min.
2. In a separate pan sautee the shallots, garlic and bacon until bacon is brown
3. Sprinkle a bit of olive oil in a flat baking pan and combine drained Brussels Sprouts, bacon mix and Butternut squash
4. Season to taste and don't forget to add the nutmeg!
5. Place in oven and bake at 350F until Butternut Squash is also tender.
- Persian Quince Stew (Khoresht-e Beh)
Persian Quince Stew (called Khoresht-e Beh in Farsi) is a traditional Fall meal in Iran. Quince ripens in late Septem...
- Rice with Sour Cherries
Rice with Sour Cherries, known in Iran as Albaloo Polow is a favorite of just about any child. Who doesn't like cherr...
- Turkish Coffee
Turkish coffee is a strong coffee that is a favorite in the Middle East. When I lived in Iran, a chance encounter fou...
- How to Dry Apples
Apple Tree Wedding Thank You Cards by jinaiji I love dried fruit to eat as a healthy snack. You can make delicious a...
- Tools Needed for Bread Baking
Baking bread at home is becoming more and more popular. After trying out ready pre packaged starter bread making kits...