Orange and green just compliment each other so nicely! To avoid the "eek" factor when dishing up veggies for kids, it's always advisable to make it look really pretty. At least this little trick seems to work in my home to have the kids eat Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash.
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
salt and pepper to season
1 pinch of nutmeg
Brussels Sprouts fresh
Butternut Squash ( I purchased one bag of diced ones from Trader Joe's)
Apple Smoked Bacon 4 slices cut into small stripes
1 small shallot
1. In a pot of water let the Brussels Sprouts come to a quick boil and remove after 5 min.
2. In a separate pan sautee the shallots, garlic and bacon until bacon is brown
3. Sprinkle a bit of olive oil in a flat baking pan and combine drained Brussels Sprouts, bacon mix and Butternut squash
4. Season to taste and don't forget to add the nutmeg!
5. Place in oven and bake at 350F until Butternut Squash is also tender.
- Moist Cinnamon Cake
I love baking this moist cinnamon cake, because it is easy to make and tastes wonderful. I don't know about you, but ...
- German Cheesecake Recipe
Via Landkueche Magazine 2011 I still remember my German grandma's cheesecake, which looked just like the one featur...
- Tyler Florence Roasted Tomato Soup
Tyler Florence has a wonderful recipe for a roasted tomato soup that I recently tried. This easy to make recipe taste...
- Easy Homemade Jello Gummy Bear Recipe
Sponsored Making homemade Jello Gummy Bears is very easy. All you need for this recipe are three ingredients and an i...
- Peruvian Recipe - Lomo Saltado
Image via Lima Tambo122 One of the best know Peruvian dishes has to be Lomo Saltado. A dish that is made fresh ingred...