Orange and green just compliment each other so nicely! To avoid the "eek" factor when dishing up veggies for kids, it's always advisable to make it look really pretty. At least this little trick seems to work in my home to have the kids eat Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash.
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
salt and pepper to season
1 pinch of nutmeg
Brussels Sprouts fresh
Butternut Squash ( I purchased one bag of diced ones from Trader Joe's)
Apple Smoked Bacon 4 slices cut into small stripes
1 small shallot
1. In a pot of water let the Brussels Sprouts come to a quick boil and remove after 5 min.
2. In a separate pan sautee the shallots, garlic and bacon until bacon is brown
3. Sprinkle a bit of olive oil in a flat baking pan and combine drained Brussels Sprouts, bacon mix and Butternut squash
4. Season to taste and don't forget to add the nutmeg!
5. Place in oven and bake at 350F until Butternut Squash is also tender.
- Bouchard Belgian Chocolate
#BouchardChocolate #ad #sponsored Bouchard is a premium chocolate factory located in Ghent, Belgium. Quality chocola...
- Cake Decorating Supplies
Bake and decorate your favorite cakes, cupcakes, cookies and more with these fun baking supplies . Decorating cookies...
- How to make the Perfect Vanilla Frosting
The perfect Vanilla Frosting has to be finger licking good, but also retain it's shape. The right ingredients are key...
- Benefits of Silicon Bakeware
Silicon Bakeware has many advantages and by following a few simple steps can result in well formed baked goods. One m...
- List of Edible Flowers
I really think that food is for all the senses to enjoy. It not only has to have a variety of textures, taste good, s...