Orange and green just compliment each other so nicely! To avoid the "eek" factor when dishing up veggies for kids, it's always advisable to make it look really pretty. At least this little trick seems to work in my home to have the kids eat Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash.
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
salt and pepper to season
1 pinch of nutmeg
Brussels Sprouts fresh
Butternut Squash ( I purchased one bag of diced ones from Trader Joe's)
Apple Smoked Bacon 4 slices cut into small stripes
1 small shallot
1. In a pot of water let the Brussels Sprouts come to a quick boil and remove after 5 min.
2. In a separate pan sautee the shallots, garlic and bacon until bacon is brown
3. Sprinkle a bit of olive oil in a flat baking pan and combine drained Brussels Sprouts, bacon mix and Butternut squash
4. Season to taste and don't forget to add the nutmeg!
5. Place in oven and bake at 350F until Butternut Squash is also tender.
- Pear Almond Cake
This Pear Almond Cake is light and has a hint of Marzipan taste that surely will be a hit with friends and family. I ...
- Pistachios Cranberry Cookies
©Enzie Shahmiri A visit to an Iranian bakery let me daydreaming about these lovely Pistachio & Cranberry Cookies....
- Goulash Soup
When I was little we lived in Vienna, Austria where my parents owned a very large restaurant. The restaurant was...
- Cheesecake Factory Cajun Jambalaya Pasta Adabtation
People who love spicy Cajun dishes will quickly fall in love with this easy recipe for a delicious Jambalaya Pasta. I...
- How to use Edible Flowers in Recipes
EDIBLE FLOWERS EASTER CUPCAKES RECIPE via World Market