Sometimes you are left with a bit of fruit left-overs that had seen better days, before you all but forgot them in the fridge. Rather than tossing it, why not mush it up and make a lovely fruit mousse?!
2 sheets White Gelatine
1/2 (250g)lbs Strawberries
1 ripe Banana
2 TBSP Sugar
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1/2 lbs (250g) Whip Cream
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 TBSP Rum
1. Soak the Gelatin in 2 TBSP hot water.
2. Clean the strawberries and cut into small slices
3. Peel and cut banana into small slices
4. Put fruit in a ball and add lemon juice and sugar. Mix well - creating a puree.
5. Pour the dissolved gelatin over the fruit
6. Beat the whip cream and add vanilla extract
7. Slowly add the fruit mix so that the mousee stays creamy
8. Keep 1/3 of the fruit puree to decorate the serving dish
9. Pour fruit mousse into serving dishes and add some of the saved fruit puree as garnish.
10. Let sit for about 2 hrs in the fridge so that is refreshing cold when served.
Benefits of Silicon Bakeware
Silicon Bakeware has many advantages and by following a few simple steps can result in well formed baked goods. One m...
List of Edible Flowers
I really think that food is for all the senses to enjoy. It not only has to have a variety of textures, taste good, s...
Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce
Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce Chimichurri (chi*mi*chur*ri) is a piquant sauce which is popular in Argentinean, Urugu...
I love the color and taste of Saffron and use it often when cooking Iranian dishes. Saffron can be purchased in the U...
Tommy Bahamas Creamy Crab Bisque
Tommy Bahamas Crab Bisque A creamy soup is tasty no matter what time of year it is and I was totally beyond myself wh...