Yellow Ochre is considered an earth tone and it is a color I always have on my palette. Ochres vary widely in transparency; some are quite opaque, while others are valued for their use as glazes.
Properties and Use:
- Mixed with WHITE = pale yellows
- use to warm whites
- Mixed with RED = warm skin tones
- Mixed with RED + WHITE = dull skin tones
- Mixed with BLACK = deep dark Green tint
- Mixed with BLACK + WHITE= muted backgrounds
- Mixed with YELLOW LAKE = More VIBRANT YO
- Mixed with MEDIUM = use as wash or use Yellow Ochre Light(a transparent golden yellow)
See how Vermeer used Yellow Ochre at Essential Vermeer
Himalayan Cat Portrait 528
The portrait of this Himalayan cat painting started with a reference photo that showed an interior. The cat was sitti...
Corgi Group Portrait 575
Corgis have a lot of character and capturing their cute faces in a custom painted portrait is a wonderful way to show...
I just finished a new couple portrait for a client who had send me what looked like a selfie taken at night in a car....