Yellow Ochre is considered an earth tone and it is a color I always have on my palette. Ochres vary widely in transparency; some are quite opaque, while others are valued for their use as glazes.
Properties and Use:
- Mixed with WHITE = pale yellows
- use to warm whites
- Mixed with RED = warm skin tones
- Mixed with RED + WHITE = dull skin tones
- Mixed with BLACK = deep dark Green tint
- Mixed with BLACK + WHITE= muted backgrounds
- Mixed with YELLOW LAKE = More VIBRANT YO
- Mixed with MEDIUM = use as wash or use Yellow Ochre Light(a transparent golden yellow)
See how Vermeer used Yellow Ochre at Essential Vermeer
Shih Tzu Portrait 560
This is the 2nd portrait I have painted for the same family and it was important that the 2nd portrait to look simila...
Pet Portrait From Your Photo
I painted this portrait over the Christmas holidays for a client who wanted to gift it to someone very special. I was...
Doodle Portrait #556
New Doodle portrait that has a super sweet facial expression. For Bo soft yellows and complimentary blues were used, ...