Love Fruit and Brie? I sure do and I love it even more when the combo is easy to prepare and makes a dashing display of color to greet my guests.
1 pkg (15oz) ready pie crust
2 LB wheel Brie Cheese
2 apples cored and sliced
1 cup seedless green grapes
1/2 pint raspberries
1 cup apple juice
1 tbsp cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. On a large baking sheet, unfold pie crust and make sure that the Brie fits nicely in the center.
3. With a fork prick the pie crust to prevent the pastry from puffing up while it is baking.
4. Fold the corners up and make a scalloped edge.
5. Place the baking sheet on the center rack in the oven and bake only the crust for about 10 min.
6. Remove from the oven.
7. Lightly flour a marble slab or other work surface.
8. Unfold the 2nd pie crust and place on floured surface. With a small knife cut out leaf shapes and mark the veins of the leaves with the back of the knife.
9. Place leaves on the baking sheet and bake for 5 minuted or until golden brown.
10. Lower oven temperature to 350F.
11. Place Brie in the center of the crust and arrange the fruit on top.
12. Now place fruit topped Brie in the oven and bake for 10min.
13. Meanwhile in a small saucepan, blend apple juice and cornstarch. Bring mixture to boiling over moderate heat and cook while stirring constantly for about 1 min. Remove from heat.
14. Remove Brie from oven and arrange the pastry leaves on top. Brush leaves and fruit with apple juice glaze.
15. Allow to stand for 15 min, until cheese softens.
16. Carefully transfer to serving board and enjoy!
Source: McCall Cooking School