I love cheese and a real good three cheese baked noodle dish sounds so great. When I found Emeril's recipe I just had to share it.
Serves 4 to 6
1/2 pound elbow macaroni
3 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
3 large eggs
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar (6 ounces)
1/2 cup grated Monterrey Jack cheese (2 ounces)
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees
2. Cook macaroni in salt water for 6 minutes (will be slightly under cooked) - drain and set aside
3. Heat bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp
4. Add garlic and cook until soft
5. Transfer bacon and macaroni into a medium size bowl and stir to combine
6. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and evaporated milk.
7. Add 1/2 tsp salt, cayenne, nutmeg and cheese and mix well.
8. Transfer to an 8 or 9 inch square baking dish and spread evenly
9. Bake until sauce starts to bubble ca. 12 minutes.
10. Sprinkle some cayenne over the noodles and allow to cool slightly before serving
A well-known adage among chefs is, “You eat with your eyes first.” To make the yellow of the dish really pop, serve your macaroni and cheese dish on blue plates. Blue is the complimentary color to yellow, so the contrast will be amazing.