These pansy cookies are pretty simple to make and look just divine, especially if you use icing to give them color as well!
For the dough use a regular sugar cookie dough.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and baking powder) and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the sugar and butter until smooth. Then beat in the egg and vanilla. Gradually add the dry ingredients. Spoon out about 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into balls and place then onto an uncreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten the balls and use the cookie cutters to cut out the form of the pansies. Use the excess dough and roll into another ball and repeat the process.
- Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cookies cool on a wire rack.
- Once cookies are all the way cooled down you can add frosting if desired.
Time to get some coffee brewing the cookies!