This recipe of Spicy Beef and Gnocchi was adapted from a Blue Apron recipe. I love Blue Apron, which is a meal service that sends you fresh ingredients so you can try out different recipes. Some of these become favorites and get adapted to our families taste.
This recipe for Spicy Beef and Gnocchi is for 2 people and will take about 25 minuted to make.
10 oz Ground Beef
3/4 lb Gnocchi
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
1/2 small onion finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp Calabrian Chile Paste
2 TBSP Tomato Paste
1/4 cup grated Romano Cheese
2 TBSP Mascarpone Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 TSP Hungarian Paprika
1 TBSP Green Olives
1. Fill a medium pot 3/4 of the way up with water. Add a pinch of salt, cover, and heat to boiling
2. Wash and dry the zucchini. Half lengthwise and thinly slice crosswise.
3. In a large pan add some olive oil and add the sliced zucchini. Sprinkle with some salt and allow it to brown on both sides. Once done remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
4. Add onions and garlic, plus a dash of olive oil to the pan and allow to brown slightly.
5. Add the ground beef and season to taste with salt and pepper. Then add the Paprika. Break the meat up and allow to cook 4-5 min until brown.
6. Drain off any excess oil.
7. Add the tomato paste, chile paste, 3/4 cup water, mascarpone, and olives and stir well. Add the browned zucchini. Let simmer on low until sauce thickens.
8. Add the gnocchi to the boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Gnocchi will rise to the water surface once they are cooked.
9. Drain gnocchi and gently mix into the sauce.
10. Serve and garnish with parmesan and some fresh cilantro.