When the leaves start to turn color and the air becomes more crisp, nothing tastes better than a nice cup of soup, especially if it is a nice creamy pumpkin soup.
1 medium potato
1 small piece ginger
1 tsp red crushed chilies
1 pinch cayenne pepper
200 g heavy cream
40 g butter
1 litre vegetable broth
2 tsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds and cut into large cubes.
2. Peel and dice the potato and ginger. The chili pepper at will remove seeds and chop.
3. Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
4. Add the pumpkin, potato and ginger and saute slightly.
5. Pour in the vegetable stock.
6. Season with salt, pepper, crushed chilies and cayenne pepper.
7. Allow to cook until everything is soft.
8. Once potatoes and pumpkin are cooked add the lemon juice and cream
9. Remove from stove, puree and serve