This Mediterranean Sandwich is a full meal in itself. I love the roasted eggplants, bell peppers and zucchinis on fresh bread.
4 Red bell roasted red bell peppers
2 medium eggplants cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds
1 medium zucchini cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 small shallot minced
1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup creme fresh
1 spring of fresh basil leaves
6 loaves Ciabatta bread
6 slices Havarti Cheese
6 large leaves of lettuce
salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel, seed and skin peppers and cut into 1 inch wide strips
2. Place under the broiler until blackened and set aside to cool.
3. Heat oven to 400 F
4. Coat two baking sheets with some olive oil
5. Place sliced eggplants in one tray and sliced zucchinis in the other
6. Roast for 10 min turn over and roast for another 15 min - or until tender
7. Using a spatula transfer to a plate and let cool
8. In a small bowl whisk- shallot, vinegar, salt,pepper and olive oil - set aside
9. Take bread and slice in half
10.Coat bottom and top with creme fresh
11.Place 1 lettuce leaf on bottom, top with roasted bell pepper, eggplant and zucchini
12. Drizzle with vinaigrette and top with one slice Havarti cheese and fresh basil
13. Replace top of bread and serve
Note: I like to quickly place these sandwiches in a Panini press to melt the cheese, but that's optional.
Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce
Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce Chimichurri (chi*mi*chur*ri) is a piquant sauce which is popular in Argentinean, Urugu...
I love the color and taste of Saffron and use it often when cooking Iranian dishes. Saffron can be purchased in the U...
Tommy Bahamas Creamy Crab Bisque
Tommy Bahamas Crab Bisque A creamy soup is tasty no matter what time of year it is and I was totally beyond myself wh...
Banneton Proofing Basket for Artisan Bread
If you like artisan breads and have been thinking about baking your own bread, this sponsored post is for you. I am a...
How to Dry Apples
Apple Tree Wedding Thank You Cards by jinaiji I love dried fruit to eat as a healthy snack. You can make delicious ap...