This Mediterranean Sandwich is a full meal in itself. I love the roasted eggplants, bell peppers and zucchinis on fresh bread.
4 Red bell roasted red bell peppers
2 medium eggplants cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds
1 medium zucchini cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 small shallot minced
1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup creme fresh
1 spring of fresh basil leaves
6 loaves Ciabatta bread
6 slices Havarti Cheese
6 large leaves of lettuce
salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel, seed and skin peppers and cut into 1 inch wide strips
2. Place under the broiler until blackened and set aside to cool.
3. Heat oven to 400 F
4. Coat two baking sheets with some olive oil
5. Place sliced eggplants in one tray and sliced zucchinis in the other
6. Roast for 10 min turn over and roast for another 15 min - or until tender
7. Using a spatula transfer to a plate and let cool
8. In a small bowl whisk- shallot, vinegar, salt,pepper and olive oil - set aside
9. Take bread and slice in half
10.Coat bottom and top with creme fresh
11.Place 1 lettuce leaf on bottom, top with roasted bell pepper, eggplant and zucchini
12. Drizzle with vinaigrette and top with one slice Havarti cheese and fresh basil
13. Replace top of bread and serve
Note: I like to quickly place these sandwiches in a Panini press to melt the cheese, but that's optional.
German Cheesecake Recipe
Via Landkueche Magazine 2011 I still remember my German grandma's cheesecake, which looked just like the one featur...
Tyler Florence Roasted Tomato Soup
Tyler Florence has a wonderful recipe for a roasted tomato soup that I recently tried. This easy to make recipe taste...
Easy Homemade Jello Gummy Bear Recipe
Sponsored Making homemade Jello Gummy Bears is very easy. All you need for this recipe are three ingredients and an i...
Peruvian Recipe - Lomo Saltado
Image via Lima Tambo122 One of the best know Peruvian dishes has to be Lomo Saltado. A dish that is made fresh ingred...
Matcha Tea Cookies
Sponsored Post by Zendori I love the taste of Matcha Tea and have been trying out different bands and different recip...