I like Brussel Sprouts because don't laugh - I think they look super cute ~ sort of ~ reminiscent of small green roses ~ well and because when prepared right they can taste just wonderful.
1 TBSP Sugar
2 cups Julian Carrots (I buy mine from the freezer section at the super market), regular carrots can be used as well but slice into 1.4 in rounds
3 slices of bacon cut into small pieces ( I prefer apple smoked available at Trader Joe's)
1 Shallot minced
1 med size yam, peeled and cut into very thin rounds
1 TBSP butter
salt and pepper to taste
1. The first thing to do when you buy the sprouts is to snip off the ends and peel away any shabby looking outer leaves. Then place them in a sieve and give the a good rinse under cool water
2. There are two ways to prepare the sprouts either through cooking in boiling water or through steaming. I place mine in a pot of cold water and add 1 TBSP sugar to take away the slight bitter taste of the Brussel Sprout. Cook for 15-18 minutes.
3. Add the carrots to the same boiling water after 10 minutes and let cook as well.
4. In a separate pan add the bacon,, shallots and yam. (add oil if needed to prevent ingredients from sticking0 and let cook until yams are tender.
5. When Brussel Sprouts are cooked drain the water away.
6. Place pot back on stove add 1 TBSP butter and reduce heat to very low.
7. As soon as the yams are cooked empty all contents over the Brussel Sprouts and mix gently, season to taste (optional) and serve.
Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce
Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce Chimichurri (chi*mi*chur*ri) is a piquant sauce which is popular in Argentinean, Urugu...
I love the color and taste of Saffron and use it often when cooking Iranian dishes. Saffron can be purchased in the U...
Tommy Bahamas Creamy Crab Bisque
Tommy Bahamas Crab Bisque A creamy soup is tasty no matter what time of year it is and I was totally beyond myself wh...
Banneton Proofing Basket for Artisan Bread
If you like artisan breads and have been thinking about baking your own bread, this sponsored post is for you. I am a...
How to Dry Apples
Apple Tree Wedding Thank You Cards by jinaiji I love dried fruit to eat as a healthy snack. You can make delicious ap...