Grilled Shrimp over Noodles
Summer is here and it's the best time to fire up the barbecue and get busy grilling. One of my all time favorites are grilled shrimp kabobs, which can be eaten hot of the grill or prepared and added to pasta, rice or a salad.
2/3 olive oil
1 Lime juiced
1 clove of garlic minced
1/4 Tsp crushed chili peppers
1 pinch sea salt
1/2 lbs large fresh shrimp, peeled and de-veined
1/2 package Spaghetti noodles
1 small packet of cherry tomatoes
1 zucchini cut into 3/4 in round slices
1 bunch of fresh basil leaves (for garnish)
1. In a a small bowl whisk olive oil, lime juice, garlic and crushed chili peppers and salt.
2. Place shrimp and veggies in the mix to marinate, cover and put in fridge for about 30 min.
3. Turn on the barbecue and wait until heat reaches 350-400 degrees F.
4. Fill a large pot with water, add some salt, place on stove and bring to a boil. Add noodles and cook until al dente.
5. Use wooden skewers and start assembling the kabobs. Remove the vegetables and shrimp from the marinate and start threading them onto the skewers. Alternate the shrimp. zucchini and tomatoes until each skewer is full.
6. Place on the barbecue and grill on all sides about 6-8 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink and cooked throughout.
7. By now the noodles should be ready, drain them and place a portion on each plate.
8. When kabob are ready remove the shrimp and veggies from the skewer and place everything over the noodles.
You can garnish with basil leaves and serve.
- How to use Edible Flowers in Recipes
EDIBLE FLOWERS EASTER CUPCAKES RECIPE via World Market
- Midori Spring Ceremonial Matcha Gold Class from Japan
Midori Spring Matcha Sponsored Have you ever tried Matcha Green Tea? I am a huge fan of Matcha and have used this...
- Scrambled Eggs Cuban Style
Cuban Style Scramble Eggs Eggs are delicious and not just for breakfast. Sometimes I crave something light and fast ...
- Taco Night with Old El Paseo Stand N'Stuff Taco Dinner Kits
#oldelpasotacokit Old El Paseo is a brand of Tex-Mex style food from General Mills. They offer a variety of products...
- Persian Quince Stew (Khoresht-e Beh)
Persian Quince Stew (called Khoresht-e Beh in Farsi) is a traditional Fall meal in Iran. Quince ripens in late Septem...