Grilled Shrimp over Noodles
Summer is here and it's the best time to fire up the barbecue and get busy grilling. One of my all time favorites are grilled shrimp kabobs, which can be eaten hot of the grill or prepared and added to pasta, rice or a salad.
2/3 olive oil
1 Lime juiced
1 clove of garlic minced
1/4 Tsp crushed chili peppers
1 pinch sea salt
1/2 lbs large fresh shrimp, peeled and de-veined
1/2 package Spaghetti noodles
1 small packet of cherry tomatoes
1 zucchini cut into 3/4 in round slices
1 bunch of fresh basil leaves (for garnish)
1. In a a small bowl whisk olive oil, lime juice, garlic and crushed chili peppers and salt.
2. Place shrimp and veggies in the mix to marinate, cover and put in fridge for about 30 min.
3. Turn on the barbecue and wait until heat reaches 350-400 degrees F.
4. Fill a large pot with water, add some salt, place on stove and bring to a boil. Add noodles and cook until al dente.
5. Use wooden skewers and start assembling the kabobs. Remove the vegetables and shrimp from the marinate and start threading them onto the skewers. Alternate the shrimp. zucchini and tomatoes until each skewer is full.
6. Place on the barbecue and grill on all sides about 6-8 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink and cooked throughout.
7. By now the noodles should be ready, drain them and place a portion on each plate.
8. When kabob are ready remove the shrimp and veggies from the skewer and place everything over the noodles.
You can garnish with basil leaves and serve.
- How to Dry Apples
Apple Tree Wedding Thank You Cards by jinaiji I love dried fruit to eat as a healthy snack. You can make delicious a...
- Tools Needed for Bread Baking
Baking bread at home is becoming more and more popular. After trying out ready pre packaged starter bread making kits...
- Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin
I tried this recipes, which I found in the Cooks Country Magazine and loved the crust on the meat. The side dishes ar...
- How to make Spaetzle
"Spaetzle" are little German dumplings similar to " Nokedli" in Hungary and "Nocken" in Austria. They make a wonderfu...
- Moist Cinnamon Cake
I love baking this moist cinnamon cake, because it is easy to make and tastes wonderful. I don't know about you, but ...