Grilled Shrimp over Noodles
Summer is here and it's the best time to fire up the barbecue and get busy grilling. One of my all time favorites are grilled shrimp kabobs, which can be eaten hot of the grill or prepared and added to pasta, rice or a salad.
2/3 olive oil
1 Lime juiced
1 clove of garlic minced
1/4 Tsp crushed chili peppers
1 pinch sea salt
1/2 lbs large fresh shrimp, peeled and de-veined
1/2 package Spaghetti noodles
1 small packet of cherry tomatoes
1 zucchini cut into 3/4 in round slices
1 bunch of fresh basil leaves (for garnish)
1. In a a small bowl whisk olive oil, lime juice, garlic and crushed chili peppers and salt.
2. Place shrimp and veggies in the mix to marinate, cover and put in fridge for about 30 min.
3. Turn on the barbecue and wait until heat reaches 350-400 degrees F.
4. Fill a large pot with water, add some salt, place on stove and bring to a boil. Add noodles and cook until al dente.
5. Use wooden skewers and start assembling the kabobs. Remove the vegetables and shrimp from the marinate and start threading them onto the skewers. Alternate the shrimp. zucchini and tomatoes until each skewer is full.
6. Place on the barbecue and grill on all sides about 6-8 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink and cooked throughout.
7. By now the noodles should be ready, drain them and place a portion on each plate.
8. When kabob are ready remove the shrimp and veggies from the skewer and place everything over the noodles.
You can garnish with basil leaves and serve.