Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken is simple and fast to make and makes for a very light and tasty meal.
2 Chicken breasts cut into small chunks
2 Tortilla breads
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 small diced tomato
Cilantro Lime Marinade
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
3/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
3 large cloves of garlic finely minced
1/2 red onion finely chopped
1/2 green pepper sliced
1tsp Mayonnaise optional for thickening marinade
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup olive oil
Pam Spray for the grill
1. Rinse the chicken breasts, pat dry with paper towel and cut into small chunks.
2. Place in a bowl and set aside
3. Prepare the Cilantro Lime Marinade by using another bowl to whisk together the vinegar,oil, mayonnaise (optional)lime juice, cilantro, garlic and salt and pepper. Save 4 TBSP of the marinate for later.
4. Pour remaining marinade over the chicken and place covered in fridge for about 30 min.
5. In the meantime heat up the grill to high.
6. When the gill is hot, after 30 min, lightly spray the cooking grate with Pam.
7. Place the chicken pieces on the grate and allow to cook 4 to 5 min on one side, before turning over and cooking for an additional 4 to 5 min.
Tip: I like to drip the marinade over the chicken once when I first place it on the grate and then after I have flipped the chicken over.
8. Place a tortilla on a plate and add the shredded lettuce and top with onions, pepper and tomatoes.
9. Drizzle some of the marinade that was set aside over the pile. Do not use the marinade the chicken was in!
10. When the chicken is done place them on the pile as well and serve.