I love spicy foods, therefore the Indian Chicken Tikka Masala was a natural candidate for my recipes collection. A good Masala sauce is one that balances the spices with the rich cream sauce. It can’t be too tangy or too creamy or worse have one spice over power the taste of another.
Preparing the Chicken:
4 chicken breast
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp coriander
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp ginger, minced
1 tsp kosher salt
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 cup plain Yogurt
1.Cut the chicken breasts into strips, place in a bowl
2. Add yogurt, garlic, ginger, and spices and mix to combine.
3. Refrigerate for one hour, or up to one day.
4. Heat grill on high setting
5. Place chicken on grill and barbecue until juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side.
Preparing the Masala Sauce:
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, about 1 1/2 cup
2 garlic cloves
2 tsp ginger
1 jalapeno pepper
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp garam masala
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp coriander
1/4 tsp fenugreek
1 28 oz. can tomato sauce
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1. Place oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
2. Saute onion, garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute.
3. Season with 2 teaspoons cumin, paprika, and 3 teaspoons salt.
4. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, garam masala, coriander,fenugreek, ginger and cream
5. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes.
6. Add grilled chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Transfer to a serving platter, and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Serve with Rice or Pita bread.
Note: I also like to add some fresh peas, they just make this dish visually come to life.
Here is a nice video by an Indian Chef:
powered by ifood.tv
I love the color and taste of Saffron and use it often when cooking Iranian dishes. Saffron can be purchased in the U...
Tommy Bahamas Creamy Crab Bisque
Tommy Bahamas Crab Bisque A creamy soup is tasty no matter what time of year it is and I was totally beyond myself wh...
Banneton Proofing Basket for Artisan Bread
If you like artisan breads and have been thinking about baking your own bread, this sponsored post is for you. I am a...