2 1/1 cups (12.5oz) unbleached all purpose flower, plus addtional flour to work surface
1 tsp kosher salt
1 TBSP sugar
16 TBSP (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 in cubes and frozen for 10 min
3 tbsp sour cream
1/3 cup ice-water
1. Mix flour, salt, and sugar together in food processor, ca 3 seconds
2. Add butter and pulse until butter is the size of large peas
3. Using fork, mix sour cream and 1/3 cup ice-water in a small bowl.
4. Add half of sour cream mixture to flour mix and pulse
5. Repeat with remaining sour cream mix
6. Pinch dough with fingers, if dough is floury , dry and does not hold together, add 1 to 2 TBSP ice-water and repeat pusing
7. Remove dough from processor and divide into 2 equal sized balls and flatten into 4 in disks
8. Wrap each disk in plastic and refrigerate until firm, but not hard, ca 1 to 2 hours, before rolling
This dough can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours. The dough should then sit at room temperature before it is rolled out.
Unused dough can be stored in freezer up o 1 month.