Tiny jams are all the range in the Miniature world. The add a nice splash of color to any table setting and look wonderful in kitchen shelves. I thought I first share a real life recipe of how to make strawberry jam in case you have never tried your hand at it. It is so easy!
Description: Strawberry jam is a classic and delightful spread that captures the sweet and tangy flavors of fresh strawberries. It's perfect for spreading on toast, pancakes, or even using as a filling in pastries. This homemade strawberry jam recipe is simple to make and will fill your kitchen with a wonderful aroma.
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Wash the strawberries thoroughly, remove the stems, and chop them into small pieces.
- In a large saucepan, combine the chopped strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Let the mixture sit for about 30 minutes to allow the strawberries to release their juices.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the jam simmer for about 45-60 minutes, or until it thickens to your desired consistency. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Skim off any foam that forms on the surface of the jam.
- To check the consistency, place a small amount of jam on a chilled plate. If it wrinkles when pushed with your finger, it's ready.
- Once the jam reaches the desired consistency, remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer the jam to sterilized jars and seal them tightly.
- Allow the jars to cool completely before storing them in the refrigerator.
My little miniature props are from Rement. Are they not adorable?!. I have ordered a bunch more to use in upcoming dioramas and will share them with you soon. But in the meantime let's see how the jam tastes.
My assistant seems to like it. If you like to order some mini jams you can get them by clicking below.