Bread Dumplings or 'Semmel Knoedeln" are a great side dish with Rouladen, roast, turkey or duck. When I have left overs, I like to roast them in butter with some mushrooms and serve them with just a green salad.
3 cooked bread dumplings
1 shallot sliced thinly
2 cups mushrooms thinly sliced
salt and pepper to taste
a dash of sweet paprika powder
butter or cooking oil
1. Melt the butter over low heat and add shallots. Let brown slightly.
2. Add mushrooms and dumplings and season.
3. Let brown on medium heat for about 4 minutes
4. Carefully flip everything and let brown on other side
5. You may add more butter as needed to prevent dumplings from sticking
6 Once dumplings are nicely brown serve
For a quick bread dumpling look for these types of dumplings in your grocery store or at any Austrian or German specialty shop.