More work was done on the sky, the ocean and the sand. I had to break up some of the monotony of the items in and around the castle mound for added interest. I think the values are working well, because the kids stand out nicely from their background. I don't like where the sand is meeting the water as of yet, so that will be tackled next. Plus a gazillion other things that need to get much better...
See Slide Show
Notes to self:
1. weight of sand filled bucket requires slight downward tilt of arm
2. red on buckets need value correction
3. fix feet and rt hand boy #3
4. double check shadows
5. work on area where water meets sand
6. remeasure everyone
7. remember sand that has been moved is much darker than untouched areas
8. fix pant length boy#2 and #3
Below is the finished painting - click for more information
- Portrait of Two Cats
Sometimes I wonder what cats can teach us about friendship. Cats seem to enjoy each others company, they follow each ...
- Cocker Spaniel Puppy Painting 675
This Cocker Spaniel puppy portrait started with a photo from 1997 that shows the puppy playing with a cat. Besides be...
- White Cat Portrait
This white cat portrait has been painted for a repeat customer. My client requested a portrait of her cat and I sugge...
- Meet Cinnamon a Lhasa Apso Poodle Mix
Pet portraits that have landscape settings are my favorite to paint. This dog originally was stretched out in a r...
- Pet Portrait King Charles
Cavalier King Charles has such a cute face and is ideal for having their portraits painted. This oil portrait was pai...