Do you like radishes? I often plant them in my garden and then use them in salads. Radishes grow easily from seeds and are a fun project for young gardeners. The best radishes are those that are harvested at the right time. Plant them in cool weather and provide moisture.
Spring varieties mature fast and it's best when you check often by pushing away a bit of soil and checking on the growing bulb. They should not be too spicy or too tough tasting.
Some Radish inspired Etsy finds
1. Lavender Bags available from Daniela
2. Radish Shaped Teapot from Victoria
3. Vintage Print from Joanne
4. Radish Charms from Bead to You
- The Benefits of Growing Lemon Balm
Lemon balm is a perennial herb from the mint family. The leaves, when pinched give off a mild lemon scent. Lemon balm...
- How to Force Flowering Woody Plants
Nothing signals Spring like the budding of flowering wood branches and adding a few such branches in a container is a...
- Testing Soil PH and Moisture with HealthyWiser 3-in-1 Soil Meter
Water and light are generally considered the two most important factors for healthy plant growth. However what does t...
- Floating Lily Flowers for a Pond
If you have a pond or a pool, you might be interested to add some color to your waterways via some Lily pads. Natu...
- A Basket of Roses
Artist=Henri Fantin-Latour (1885) has painted a basket full of beautiful multi colored roses. Old master paintings of...