If you visit Nordstrom's cafe you probably have some favorite dishes that you like to order there. One of my favorites is the Tomato Basil Soup. I liked it so much that I started collecting their cookbooks just to try out the other recipes they have to offer. Here is a recipe my adaptation of the Tomato and Basil Soup.
Ingredients (Serves 8-10 people)
5 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 large red onion ( it has a sweeter taste than the yellow onions)
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 spring of fresh basil, chopped (you can use chives for a topping as well)
3 cans of tomatoes
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 tbsp fresh basil leaves finely chopped
The key to a good tasting soup is to use as many fresh ingredients as you can get your hands on. In the summer when fresh tomatoes are in season, I will use large tomatoes and add, reducing the canned tomatoes to 2 cans.
1. In a large pot saute the red onions and garlic until soft.
2. Add the carrots and basil and saute for another 11 minutes until tender.
3. Add the chicken broth, tomatoes and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat and let the soup simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes.
4. Remove from stove and pour into a food processor. Use the metal blade and puree until you see no chunks.
5. Return the pureed soup to the pot and add the cream. Blend and on low heat warm up the soup some more.
6. Season with more salt and pepper.
When the soup is warm enough, pour the soup into individual bowls and garnish with fresh basil.
Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin
I tried this recipes, which I found in the Cooks Country Magazine and loved the crust on the meat. The side dishes ar...
Moist Cinnamon Cake
I love baking this moist cinnamon cake, because it is easy to make and tastes wonderful. I don't know about you, but ...
Tyler Florence Roasted Tomato Soup
Tyler Florence has a wonderful recipe for a roasted tomato soup that I recently tried. This easy to make recipe taste...
Peruvian Recipe - Lomo Saltado
Image via Lima Tambo122 One of the best know Peruvian dishes has to be Lomo Saltado. A dish that is made fresh ingred...
Bouchard Belgian Chocolate
#BouchardChocolate #ad #sponsored Bouchard is a premium chocolate factory located in Ghent, Belgium. Quality chocola...