This cool and refreshing frozen dessert is simple to make and tastes great.
For 4 servings you will need
2 cups strawberries, rinsed and crushed
3 egg whites
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 TBSP some powdered sugar
Mint springs for garnish
1. Wash berries under cold water. Remove hulls and place in a small bowl.
2. Mash berries with a potato masher
3. Set aside 1 cup to beat into the meringue.
4. Sweeten remaining crushed berries to taste with powdered sugar
5. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
1. In a large bowl beat the egg whites on medium speed until they hold soft, moist peaks
2. Add sugar about 1 TBSP at a time and beating constantly until the meringue is thick and glossy.
3. Add the 1 cup crushed strawberries. Beat on medium speed just to blend.
4. Transfer meringue mixture to a freezer container. Cover and wrap well.
5. Freeze at least 1 hour until solid (This can be stored in the freezer up to one month).
6. To serve, spoon crushed, sweetened to taste berries evenly in the bottom of 4 individual stemmed glasses or shallow dishes.
7. Top with frozen berry meringue and garnish with fresh berries and mint springs.
Tip: This dessert can be made with different berries as well.
Image via WikipediaStrawberry
Easy Homemade Jello Gummy Bear Recipe
Sponsored Making homemade Jello Gummy Bears is very easy. All you need for this recipe are three ingredients and an i...
Peruvian Recipe - Lomo Saltado
Image via Lima Tambo122 One of the best know Peruvian dishes has to be Lomo Saltado. A dish that is made fresh ingred...
Matcha Tea Cookies
Sponsored Post by Zendori I love the taste of Matcha Tea and have been trying out different bands and different recip...
Benefits of Goji Berries
Goji berries have been used in traditional Chinese medicine for 2000 years are are considered a superfruit because th...
Bouchard Belgian Chocolate
#BouchardChocolate #ad #sponsored Bouchard is a premium chocolate factory located in Ghent, Belgium. Quality chocola...