I get tired of eating meat and chicken all the time and love to make something light now and then. This recipe by Molly Stevens was featured in a Bristol Farms magazine and has become a favorite of mine. Sometimes I serve this with a salad or fresh pasta.
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
1 tsp freshly grated orange zest
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper to taste
1 1/2 to 2 pounds extra-large or jumbo shrimp, peeled, de veined, rinsed and dried
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into 1/4 in strips
1 cup coarsely chopped ripe tomatoes ( ca. 1/2 pounds)
1. Heat olive oil in a large, deep skillet over med-low heat.
2. Add garlic, orange zest, and red pepper flakes, and cook until you can smell the garlic, ca. 3 min.
3. Increase heat to med-high and add shrimp. Season to taste with salt.
Sauté until shrimp turn pink on one side, 3-4 min.
4. Turn, add orange juice, and cook until shrimp are cooked through, 3-4 min.
5. Add basil and tomatoes , stir to combine, cook 1 more min and serve immediately.