With the holidays around the corner the pace in the kitchen has picked up and little holiday treats are on the menu. One such special treat is rum and raisin truffles.
Here is what you need:
75g raisins, chopped
80 ml dark rum
180 ml cream
600 g dark chocolate finely chopped
1. Place raisins and rum in a bowl and set aside.
2. Put cream in a small pot and bring to a boil.
3. Place chocolate in a small, heatproof bowl and place bowl over boiling water so that the chocolate can slowly melt. Pour hot cream over it and stir continuously with a metal spoon until it melts and is smooth.
4. Stir in the raisins
5. Allow the melted chocolate to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
6. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until slightly firm.
7. Roll teaspoonfuls of the truffle mix to form round balls and place them on a flat pan.
8. Sprinkle with Cocoa and serve.