This wonderful Roasted Tomato Salsa(makes 2 cups)was found on Kevin's Closet Cooking blog. It looked so good, I wanted to make sure I don't loose the recipe. Please make sure to visit Kevin's blog to see all his wonderful recipes. Image and recipe courtesy of Closet Cooking
1 pound tomatoes (cut in half)
1 poblano chili
1/4 cup onion (diced)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 lime (juice)
1 handful cilantro (chopped)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Roast the tomatoes in a preheated 350F oven for an hour.
2. Let the tomatoes cool and dice them.
3. Broil the chilies until blackened on all sides.
4. Let the chilies cool in a sealed container, peel the skins from them, seed them and dice them.
5. Mix everything and let sit for 20 minutes to bring out the flavours.