Kale is so good for you! Since kale can be a bit bitter it helps to sweeten it up a bit by adding fruit and some balsamic vinegar.
At just 33 calories, one cup of raw kale has:
- Nearly 3 grams of protein.
- 2.5 grams of fiber (which helps manage blood sugar and makes you feel full)
- Vitamins A, C, and K.
- Folate, a B vitamin that's key for brain development.
- Alpha-linolenic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid.
1 bunch lacinato (a.k.a. dinosaur) kale, thick stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
1 cup sliced beets
2 navel oranges or Clementines, peeled and segmented
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
1/3 cup sunflower seeds or nuts
1/4 cup cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 1 small orange)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine kale, cabbage, orange segments, onion, bell pepper and sunflower seeds.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, orange juice, vinegar and pepper. Pour over the kale mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Moist Cinnamon Cake
I love baking this moist cinnamon cake, because it is easy to make and tastes wonderful. I don't know about you, but ...
- German Cheesecake Recipe
Via Landkueche Magazine 2011 I still remember my German grandma's cheesecake, which looked just like the one featur...
- Tyler Florence Roasted Tomato Soup
Tyler Florence has a wonderful recipe for a roasted tomato soup that I recently tried. This easy to make recipe taste...
- Easy Homemade Jello Gummy Bear Recipe
Sponsored Making homemade Jello Gummy Bears is very easy. All you need for this recipe are three ingredients and an i...
- Peruvian Recipe - Lomo Saltado
Image via Lima Tambo122 One of the best know Peruvian dishes has to be Lomo Saltado. A dish that is made fresh ingred...