Kale is so good for you! Since kale can be a bit bitter it helps to sweeten it up a bit by adding fruit and some balsamic vinegar.
At just 33 calories, one cup of raw kale has:
- Nearly 3 grams of protein.
- 2.5 grams of fiber (which helps manage blood sugar and makes you feel full)
- Vitamins A, C, and K.
- Folate, a B vitamin that's key for brain development.
- Alpha-linolenic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid.
1 bunch lacinato (a.k.a. dinosaur) kale, thick stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
1 cup sliced beets
2 navel oranges or Clementines, peeled and segmented
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
1/3 cup sunflower seeds or nuts
1/4 cup cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 1 small orange)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine kale, cabbage, orange segments, onion, bell pepper and sunflower seeds.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, orange juice, vinegar and pepper. Pour over the kale mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
German Cheesecake Recipe
Via Landkueche Magazine 2011 I still remember my German grandma's cheesecake, which looked just like the one featur...
Tyler Florence Roasted Tomato Soup
Tyler Florence has a wonderful recipe for a roasted tomato soup that I recently tried. This easy to make recipe taste...
Easy Homemade Jello Gummy Bear Recipe
Sponsored Making homemade Jello Gummy Bears is very easy. All you need for this recipe are three ingredients and an i...
Peruvian Recipe - Lomo Saltado
Image via Lima Tambo122 One of the best know Peruvian dishes has to be Lomo Saltado. A dish that is made fresh ingred...
Matcha Tea Cookies
Sponsored Post by Zendori I love the taste of Matcha Tea and have been trying out different bands and different recip...