Ash-e Anar Persian Pomegranate Soup
Nothing hits the spot more than a hearty soup on a cold and overcast day. I hope you will like this Persian soup recipe.
1 cup freshly chopped parsley
3/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
1 cup freshly chopped spinach
1 fresh leek cut into small pieces
1/2 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 TBS olive oil
1 chicke breast and about 8 cups chicken broth
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup basmati rice, uncooked
1/3 cup split peas
1/4 cup pomegranate syrup
1 TBSP sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
Packed with Nutrients
1. On a medium sized pan sauté the onions and garlic clove in olive oil until golden brown.
2. Add the vegetables and quickly sauté them as well.
3. Cut the chicken breast into cubes and add to the same pan. Pour about 8 cups of water and lemon juice over the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
4. Cover the pot and bring to a boil.
5. Once the soup is boiling add the uncooked rice and yellow split peas. Reduce heat and let cook for (about 30 min.) or until chicken is tender.
6. Stir in pomegranate syrup and sugar and let cook for another 15 minutes.
- Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin
I tried this recipes, which I found in the Cooks Country Magazine and loved the crust on the meat. The side dishes ar...
- How to make Spaetzle
"Spaetzle" are little German dumplings similar to " Nokedli" in Hungary and "Nocken" in Austria. They make a wonderfu...
- Moist Cinnamon Cake
I love baking this moist cinnamon cake, because it is easy to make and tastes wonderful. I don't know about you, but ...
- German Cheesecake Recipe
Via Landkueche Magazine 2011 I still remember my German grandma's cheesecake, which looked just like the one featur...
- Tyler Florence Roasted Tomato Soup
Tyler Florence has a wonderful recipe for a roasted tomato soup that I recently tried. This easy to make recipe taste...