Ash-e Anar Persian Pomegranate Soup
Nothing hits the spot more than a hearty soup on a cold and overcast day. I hope you will like this Persian soup recipe.
1 cup freshly chopped parsley
3/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
1 cup freshly chopped spinach
1 fresh leek cut into small pieces
1/2 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 TBS olive oil
1 chicke breast and about 8 cups chicken broth
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup basmati rice, uncooked
1/3 cup split peas
1/4 cup pomegranate syrup
1 TBSP sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
Packed with Nutrients
1. On a medium sized pan sauté the onions and garlic clove in olive oil until golden brown.
2. Add the vegetables and quickly sauté them as well.
3. Cut the chicken breast into cubes and add to the same pan. Pour about 8 cups of water and lemon juice over the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
4. Cover the pot and bring to a boil.
5. Once the soup is boiling add the uncooked rice and yellow split peas. Reduce heat and let cook for (about 30 min.) or until chicken is tender.
6. Stir in pomegranate syrup and sugar and let cook for another 15 minutes.
- How to Dry Apples
Apple Tree Wedding Thank You Cards by jinaiji I love dried fruit to eat as a healthy snack. You can make delicious a...
- Tools Needed for Bread Baking
Baking bread at home is becoming more and more popular. After trying out ready pre packaged starter bread making kits...
- Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin
I tried this recipes, which I found in the Cooks Country Magazine and loved the crust on the meat. The side dishes ar...
- How to make Spaetzle
"Spaetzle" are little German dumplings similar to " Nokedli" in Hungary and "Nocken" in Austria. They make a wonderfu...
- Moist Cinnamon Cake
I love baking this moist cinnamon cake, because it is easy to make and tastes wonderful. I don't know about you, but ...