Ash-e Anar Persian Pomegranate Soup
Nothing hits the spot more than a hearty soup on a cold and overcast day. I hope you will like this Persian soup recipe.
1 cup freshly chopped parsley
3/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
1 cup freshly chopped spinach
1 fresh leek cut into small pieces
1/2 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 TBS olive oil
1 chicke breast and about 8 cups chicken broth
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup basmati rice, uncooked
1/3 cup split peas
1/4 cup pomegranate syrup
1 TBSP sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
Packed with Nutrients
1. On a medium sized pan sauté the onions and garlic clove in olive oil until golden brown.
2. Add the vegetables and quickly sauté them as well.
3. Cut the chicken breast into cubes and add to the same pan. Pour about 8 cups of water and lemon juice over the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
4. Cover the pot and bring to a boil.
5. Once the soup is boiling add the uncooked rice and yellow split peas. Reduce heat and let cook for (about 30 min.) or until chicken is tender.
6. Stir in pomegranate syrup and sugar and let cook for another 15 minutes.
- Rum and Raisin Truffles
With the holidays around the corner the pace in the kitchen has picked up and little holiday treats are on the menu. ...
- Chicken Tagine
Cooking in a tagine is a Morrocan way of slowly cooking ingredients so that the flavors can blend over time. As the...
- Goulash Soup
When I was little we lived in Vienna, Austria where my parents owned a very large restaurant. The restaurant was...
- Cheesecake Factory Cajun Jambalaya Pasta Adabtation
People who love spicy Cajun dishes will quickly fall in love with this easy recipe for a delicious Jambalaya Pasta. I...
- How to use Edible Flowers in Recipes
EDIBLE FLOWERS EASTER CUPCAKES RECIPE via World Market