Bamboo has become very popular in the kitchen. You can find plates, bowls, trays, cutlery and of course cutting boards. Cutting boards used to me made out of dense woods such as maple, cherry, walnut or oak. The wood has to be dense in order to keep out water and prevent the growth of bacteria. Bamboo resists water and therefore your board won't warp or crack.
The non-slip bamboo cutting board features extra-thick construction for durability and nonslip corner tabs for safety! I like the non slip tabs, because the board really does stay put when you have to cut a lot of items and are working fast.
Some of the main features of the board are:
- Two-sided rubber tabs: The nonslip tabs keep the board firmly in place no matter which side you are cutting on and can be removed for washing.
- Conveniently sized: At 15.75 in. x 10.25 in. x 0.75 in., the board is perfect for a wide variety of cutting and chopping jobs yet is easy to store.
- Built to last: Constructed from bamboo strips stacked on edge, this board is sturdy enough to resist warping, cracking and splitting.
- Stacked construction not only makes the wooden board strong, it creates a beautiful grain pattern - pretty enough for an serving tray or cheese board.
- Edges are square but not sharp or splintery, so they feel good in your hands.
- Convenient handle makes it easy to pick up and maneuver.
- Juice groove on one side means no more sticky countertops or spills when cutting juicy foods.
Bamboo is an environmentally friendly, rapidly renewable resource with natural antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. The hard material is kind to knives and will not dull edges. Durable yet lightweight, it keeps its good looks over time and is easy to care for - just wash with soap and water (note: not dishwasher safe!). Mineral oil can be used to enhance the life and looks.
The CC Boards Nonslip Bamboo Cutting Board get a thumbs up from me. I love its size (15-3/4"x10-1/4" x11/16" ), that it does not wiggle around and the cutout groove that keeps juices from spilling onto the counter.