Mmmmm.... so tasty!
Fall signals the arrival of colorful pumpkins and oddly shaped gourds. It's also a time when butternut squash becomes an all time favorite in my kitchen. Today I like to share my super easy butternut squash soup recipe with you.
2 finely chopped garlics
1 small onion finely chopped
400 g butternut squash cubed
1 bouillon cube
1 pinch of ginger
1 tsp curry powder
salt and pepper
4 tbsp sour cream or creme fraiche
2 slices of brad cubed
1/2 stick of butter
1. Put the cubed butternut squash in a pot with water and bring to a boil. The water should be just slightly over the squash.
2. Add the bouillon cube and cook until tender. You can add water if needed.
3. Saute the onion and garlic in butter in a small pan. Add the bread cubes and allow to get crunchie. You might want to turn down the heat so the bread doesn't burn.
4. Pour the cooked butternut squash with the water into a blender and blend until all is smooth. Return mix back to the pot and add the ginger and curry. Let it simmer on a low flame for about 5 min. Season to taste.
5. To serve place soup into a dish. Ass one teaspoon of sour cream or creme fraiche and tip with roasted bread.
How do you like using butternut squash? I always look for new recipes and love to hear your recommendations.
- Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin
I tried this recipes, which I found in the Cooks Country Magazine and loved the crust on the meat. The side dishes ar...
- How to make Spaetzle
"Spaetzle" are little German dumplings similar to " Nokedli" in Hungary and "Nocken" in Austria. They make a wonderfu...
- Moist Cinnamon Cake
I love baking this moist cinnamon cake, because it is easy to make and tastes wonderful. I don't know about you, but ...
- German Cheesecake Recipe
Via Landkueche Magazine 2011 I still remember my German grandma's cheesecake, which looked just like the one featur...
- Tyler Florence Roasted Tomato Soup
Tyler Florence has a wonderful recipe for a roasted tomato soup that I recently tried. This easy to make recipe taste...