Mmmmm.... so tasty!
Fall signals the arrival of colorful pumpkins and oddly shaped gourds. It's also a time when butternut squash becomes an all-time favorite in my kitchen. Today I like to share my super easy butternut squash soup recipe with you.
2 finely chopped garlic
1 small onion finely chopped
400 g butternut squash cubed
1 bouillon cube
1 pinch of ginger
1 tsp curry powder
salt and pepper
4 tbsp sour cream or creme fraiche
2 slices of bread cubed
1/2 stick of butter
1. Put the cubed butternut squash in a pot with water and bring to a boil. The water should be just slightly over the squash.
2. Add the bouillon cube and cook until tender. You can add water if needed.
3. Saute the onion and garlic in butter in a small pan. Add the bread cubes and allow to get crunchier. You might want to turn down the heat so the bread doesn't burn.
4. Pour the cooked butternut squash with the water into a blender and blend until all is smooth. Return mix back to the pot and add the ginger and curry. Let it simmer on a low flame for about 5 min. Season to taste.
5. To serve place soup into a dish. Ass one teaspoon of sour cream or creme fraiche and tip with toasted bread.
How do you like using butternut squash? I always look for new recipes and love to hear your recommendations.
- Cheesecake Factory Cajun Jambalaya Pasta Adabtation
People who love spicy Cajun dishes will quickly fall in love with this easy recipe for a delicious Jambalaya Pasta. I...
- How to use Edible Flowers in Recipes
EDIBLE FLOWERS EASTER CUPCAKES RECIPE via World Market
- Midori Spring Ceremonial Matcha Gold Class from Japan
Midori Spring Matcha Sponsored Have you ever tried Matcha Green Tea? I am a huge fan of Matcha and have used this...
- Scrambled Eggs Cuban Style
Cuban Style Scramble Eggs Eggs are delicious and not just for breakfast. Sometimes I crave something light and fast ...
- Taco Night with Old El Paseo Stand N'Stuff Taco Dinner Kits
#oldelpasotacokit Old El Paseo is a brand of Tex-Mex style food from General Mills. They offer a variety of products...