People who love spicy Cajun dishes will quickly fall in love with this easy recipe for a delicious Jambalaya Pasta. I adapted the Cheesecake factory a bit to be less spicy and hope that you will enjoy my version.
Ingredients you will need are:
1/2 tsp black or white pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 spicy paprika
1 tbsp dry breadcrumbs
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 garlic clove
2 boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 lb large peeled and deveined shrimp
1/2 cup heavy cream
6 oz fettucini or spaghetti noodles
2 tbsp olive oil
1 sliced red bell pepper
1 sliced yellow bell pepper
1 medium red onion, sliced
fresh parsley for garnish
1. Toss together the Cajun seasoning blend by combining the pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder and breadcrumbs in a small bowl.
2. Take half of the seasoning blend and put it into another bowl.
3. Cut the chicken breast into bite-size pieces
4. Add the chicken to the seasoning blend and coat thoroughly
5. Repeat the same procedure with the shrimp
6. Bring water to a boil and add the pasta to cook until al dente
7. Heat some olive oil in a pan over high heat.
8. Add the chicken to the pan and cook each side for about 2 minutes.
9. Add the shrimp to the same pan and cook for another 2 minutes.
10. Take chicken and shrimp out of the pan and set aside. (Don't throw out the oil)
11. Put the pan back on high heat and add the peppers, onions and fresh garlic. Sautee for about 5 min or until tender.
12. Add heavy cream and let the cream cook down, Stir often so the cream won't stick to the bottom of the pan.
13. Plate by spooning the jambalaya over the pasta and sprinkle with fresh parsley.