When time is limited a Frittata is usually very filling and quick to prepare. I make different versions of Frittata, and the Chanterelle Frittata with Zucchini and Feta Cheese is one of our favorites. Since Chanterelles are hard to come by in southern California, it's a special treat for us.
Serves 2-3 People
I do not own a special Frittata pan and use two pans that are the same size instead.
2 small Zucchini, sliced 1/8 in thick
5 large Chanterelle Mushrooms sliced
1 spring of fresh Parsley (save some for garnish)
1 tsp salt
2 TBSP butter
1 TBSP Creme Fraiche (optional)
1 TBSP fresh Thyme
4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
1. In a bowl wisk together the eggs and salt, add a bit of parsley and the mushrooms and set aside.
2. In a deep non-stick pan melt 1 TBSP butter over medium heat.
3. Add the zucchini and mushrooms and sauté until zucchinis are tender.
4. Add egg mixture to pan and stir to combine them with the zucchini/chanterelle mixture.
5. Reduce to low and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
6. In a separate pan (equal size to the first) heat the remaining 1 TBSP butter, don't use too much butter because you will have to turn in upside down!
7. Place this pan upside down over the pan with the Frittata mix and flip Frittata into the new pan.
8. Cook for another 5 minutes.
9. Sprinkle feta cheese over the Frittata
10. Using a spatula loosen the edges of the Frittata and flip one half over the other
11. Serve and garnish with Creme Fraiche and parsley.