Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce
Chimichurri (chi*mi*chur*ri) is a piquant sauce which is popular in Argentinean, Uruguayan and Mexican cuisine. It is a simple dressing made with fresh parsley, extra virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice, fresh garlic, fresh scallions and crushed red chili used on grilled meat . I love chimichurri on grilled fish, like salmon as well and thought I share my recipe with you today.
Chimichurri is a sauce that has some zest to it and it goes with just about any side dish. You can use rice, potatoes, salad or even just mop it up with a baguette. I was in the mood for noodles and used these colorful Fiocchi pasta.
4 Salmon Fillets
2 TBSP lemon juice
1 TBSP olive oil
3 TBSP finely chopped scallion
3 TBSP minced fresh parsley
1 garlic clove, minced
1/8 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp crushed red chili (or cayenne pepper)
1. Before you make the fish start cooking the pasta.
2. In a bowl combine Chimichurri ingredients.
3. Coat both sides of filet with Chimichurri marinade
4. The salmon can be prepared on the grill, stove or oven. Make sure to cook each side for 5-6 minutes
5. Garnish fish with citrus fruit and pine nuts and serve with pasta