Eggs are delicious and not just for breakfast. Sometimes I crave something light and fast and a quick scramble is just the thing. I found this Cuban style Egg Scramble recipe via an old issue of Carina Magazine and gave it a try. It's delicious!
1 Bell pepper
2 Beef Tomatoes
1/2 Cup fresh Peas
1 bunch Cilantro
Salt and Pepper to taste
dash of Muskat
dash of chili pepper
1 tsp Paprika - A staple in Spanish cuisine, Chiquilin Smoked Paprika adds a rich, complex flavor and fiery color to roasted vegetables. I use this brand all the time and love it.
1. Peel and dice the onions
2. Wash and remove stem and seeds from bell pepper and cut into strips
3. Dip tomatoes in boiling water for 1 min, remove and peel the skin off. If using canned tomatoes this step can be bypasses. Dice
4. In a cast iron pan heat the butter , toss in onions and bell peppers and let cook for 5min.
5. Add eggs and scramble them.
6. Add tomatoes, peas and chopped cilantro
7. Season to taste with muskat paprika and chili pepper. I prefer to grind sea salt and fresh pepper corns in big chunks for an even spicier taste.