Having kids means having snacktime and it's something that I have become so used to that I continue to grab a snack even after my kids have grown and moved out. Having healthy snacks on hand is the key to a good midday boost. I love pineapples and watermelon, but I really don't care much for cutting them up since it's such a messy task. That's until I discovered the BZTZ watermelon slicer & pineapple corer. Now these fruits can be cut quickly, without making a huge mess. All the juice stays in the bottom of the hollowed out fruit, so countertops stay clean.
How to cut a Pineapple with the Corer
- Cut the top of the pineapple off using a knife.
- Center the corer over the pineapple and start turning it
- Once you reach the bottom pull out the core by lifting the handle upward
- the pineapple will be cut in a spiral and will be attached to the core
- Take off the handle and turn the whole thing upside down and let the pineapple slide into a large container.
How to cut a Watermelon with the Slicer
- Cut the watermelon in half
- Hold the watermelon cutter against the inside of the watermelon and push down and towards you
- Then lift the slice out by squeezing the sides together
I received the BZTZ Watermelon Slicer and Pineapple Corer at a discounted rate in exchange for my unbiased review. I like that the tools are made of stainless steel and that the grip feels good in my hand. The package comes with easy to follow directions. The watermelon slicer takes a bit of getting used to, but I love how easy it is to cut evenly sized pieces without that big mess. This set also makes for a great gift.