This cool and refreshing frozen dessert is simple to make and tastes great.
For 4 servings you will need
2 cups strawberries, rinsed and crushed
3 egg whites
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 TBSP some powdered sugar
Mint springs for garnish
1. Wash berries under cold water. Remove hulls and place in a small bowl.
2. Mash berries with a potato masher
3. Set aside 1 cup to beat into the meringue.
4. Sweeten remaining crushed berries to taste with powdered sugar
5. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
1. In a large bowl beat the egg whites on medium speed until they hold soft, moist peaks
2. Add sugar about 1 TBSP at a time and beating constantly until the meringue is thick and glossy.
3. Add the 1 cup crushed strawberries. Beat on medium speed just to blend.
4. Transfer meringue mixture to a freezer container. Cover and wrap well.
5. Freeze at least 1 hour until solid (This can be stored in the freezer up to one month).
6. To serve, spoon crushed, sweetened to taste berries evenly in the bottom of 4 individual stemmed glasses or shallow dishes.
7. Top with frozen berry meringue and garnish with fresh berries and mint springs.
Tip: This dessert can be made with different berries as well.
Image via Wikipedia