Sometimes you are left with a bit of fruit left-overs that had seen better days, before you all but forgot them in the fridge. Rather than tossing it, why not mush it up and make a lovely fruit mousse?!
2 sheets White Gelatine
1/2 (250g)lbs Strawberries
1 ripe Banana
2 TBSP Sugar
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1/2 lbs (250g) Whip Cream
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 TBSP Rum
1. Soak the Gelatin in 2 TBSP hot water.
2. Clean the strawberries and cut into small slices
3. Peel and cut banana into small slices
4. Put fruit in a ball and add lemon juice and sugar. Mix well - creating a puree.
5. Pour the dissolved gelatin over the fruit
6. Beat the whip cream and add vanilla extract
7. Slowly add the fruit mix so that the mousee stays creamy
8. Keep 1/3 of the fruit puree to decorate the serving dish
9. Pour fruit mousse into serving dishes and add some of the saved fruit puree as garnish.
10. Let sit for about 2 hrs in the fridge so that is refreshing cold when served.