Nature Photo ©EnzieShahmiri
Going on a nature hike is a wonderful way to rewind and get rid on pinned up stress. Leave the phone and headphones at home and start by taking some deep breathes. As you walk try a few trick I use to tune out my thoughts:
1. Listen to nature sounds. Birds, insects, the wind rustling through leaves,etc.
2. Become aware of your surroundings and stop now and then to smell flowers, pick up an interesting branch or a rock.
3. Continue to inhale and exhale with long deep breaths. Really fill those lungs with fresh air, it's amazing how breathing right can de-stress a person.
Owl Collector Box
Surround yourself with object that remind you of the outdoors. It acts as a motivator and reminder to head out of doors.
Nature Hikes with Children
These types of hikes are a great opportunity for children to learn to respect the environment. Let them bring along a water bottle, a small pouch to hold their little finds, a notebook and pencil to make leaf rubbings. Teach them about staying on trails and safety.
1. Collect leaves, rocks and branches for later art projects.
2. Watch insects and explain what they are doing. Lift logs and rocks and discover what lives under them.
3. Go on a scavenger hunt. Create lists of sounds, sights, textures, and smells to watch for on the trail.
The Torment of Rachel Ames Book Review
Jeff Gunhus is the author of thriller and horror novels for adults and the middle grade/YA series, The Templar Chroni...
Andrea Bocelli Cinema Album
Andrea Bocelli is an Italian classical tenor whose music I first discovered when I listen to his 1997 pop album Roman...
We love Disney New Album Release
I love anything Disney related and it's probably no wonder that my children, especially my daughter are equally big f...
Being In Oneness Book Review
What does it mean to be happy? Finding happiness might mean something very different from one person to another, but ...
Cotopaxi 5k and 10k Race in Alta
This weekend I was in Utah and went to Alta for the 5 and 10K Cotopaxi race in Alta. Cotopaxi creates amazing outdoor...