Nature Photo ©EnzieShahmiri
Going on a nature hike is a wonderful way to rewind and get rid on pinned up stress. Leave the phone and headphones at home and start by taking some deep breathes. As you walk try a few trick I use to tune out my thoughts:
1. Listen to nature sounds. Birds, insects, the wind rustling through leaves,etc.
2. Become aware of your surroundings and stop now and then to smell flowers, pick up an interesting branch or a rock.
3. Continue to inhale and exhale with long deep breaths. Really fill those lungs with fresh air, it's amazing how breathing right can de-stress a person.
Owl Collector Box
Surround yourself with object that remind you of the outdoors. It acts as a motivator and reminder to head out of doors.
Nature Hikes with Children
These types of hikes are a great opportunity for children to learn to respect the environment. Let them bring along a water bottle, a small pouch to hold their little finds, a notebook and pencil to make leaf rubbings. Teach them about staying on trails and safety.
1. Collect leaves, rocks and branches for later art projects.
2. Watch insects and explain what they are doing. Lift logs and rocks and discover what lives under them.
3. Go on a scavenger hunt. Create lists of sounds, sights, textures, and smells to watch for on the trail.
- Happy Norouz
We are celebrating the arrival of Spring tonight with the Persian New Year. This is my small Haft Sin table. This yea...
- Make Packing for Trips Easier with Packing Cubes
One of the toughest things to do while packing for a trip is fitting everything you want to bring into your luggage. ...
- GwenStefani This is What Truth Feels Like
Gwen Stefani’s highly anticipated album ‘This Is What The Truth Feels Like’ comes out March 18. This is the American...
- What to pack when traveling
I am a big believer in traveling light and that means that everything that gets packed has to be able to do double du...
- Seal's New Album Entitled 7
If you like love songs, the my heart is broken type of songs, than this album is for you. Love songs like "Crazy" and...