A visit to an Iranian bakery let me day dreaming about these lovely Pistachio & Cranberry Cookies. Then when I received some Vanilla Extract from Singing Dog Vanilla I had to give in to temptation and try to figure out the recipes.
4.5 oz softened butter
3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp Vanilla - I tried my new sample of Simple Dog Vanilla - all organic
1/2 cup Pistachios (halved or chopped)
1/2 cup dried Cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 325F/160C and line baking sheet with non stick parchment paper ( I used my plastic mat)
2. Mix butter and sugar in a bowl until fluffy and soft, add flower and mix well.
3. Add Vanilla, Pistachios and Cranberries and mix well
4. Place dough between parchment paper and roll out to about 1/8 in thickness
5. Using a regular drinking glass, I used the opening to form my cookie circles -
You could also form small balls and then flatten them on the cookie sheet
6. Bake in oven for 15 minutes
7. Let cool for 3 min before moving cookies on a cookie rack or plate.
Join me on Facebook
Bon Appétit and Thank you for Visiting!
- How to Dry Apples
Apple Tree Wedding Thank You Cards by jinaiji I love dried fruit to eat as a healthy snack. You can make delicious a...
- Tools Needed for Bread Baking
Baking bread at home is becoming more and more popular. After trying out ready pre packaged starter bread making kits...
- Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin
I tried this recipes, which I found in the Cooks Country Magazine and loved the crust on the meat. The side dishes ar...
- How to make Spaetzle
"Spaetzle" are little German dumplings similar to " Nokedli" in Hungary and "Nocken" in Austria. They make a wonderfu...
- Moist Cinnamon Cake
I love baking this moist cinnamon cake, because it is easy to make and tastes wonderful. I don't know about you, but ...